Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The BluePrint 3

The BluePrint 3

I would like to first of all say, what took you so long Jay? I was able to find a leaked copy, which Jay-Z directly addressed to MTV saying that he wants people to just hear his music, downloading it legally, or not. He said to MTV News in an interview on monday, "I'm excited for people to hear the album. I'm very proud of the work I've done, so enjoy it." I figured I wouldn't get in trouble for posting this, CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE BLUEPRINT 3 ALBUM. His approach is a smart one, first of all, for all of you marketing majors out there, he spreads his image, sound, and likeness to a large international audience. The die hard fans are going to buy his album, the people who like his music, but don't want to spend $16.99 on the BluePrint 3, will do doubt download it illegally. By expanding his audience, things like commercial spots, print ads, billboards, merchandise, etc will become more lucrative over time. In terms of sound, the production quality is incredible. On American Gangster, he used a lot of hi-treble and loud percussion instruments in his beat compilations, The BluePrint 3 is closer to the Black Album or even Vol. 1.


Jay-Z kills it on "Hate", where he raps, "Why I never see em' at the Clear-port? Why I always hear they at the airport? While I fly daily like I'm in the Air Force." The vocal talent of Alicia Keys is apparent on "Empire State of Mind". Can't hate on Keys. The song has classic Jay-Z flavor. On the opening track, "What We Talkin' About", he says, "I don't run rap no more, I run the map." Although The BluePrint 3 wasn't at the same level that a lot of bloggers and music critics expected it to be, It is a success and will have a few songs on the sop 40 list most definitely. People are critical of Jay's decision to stay in the Rap game. On the Swiss Beats track titled "On To the Next One" he raps, "Used to rock a throwback, ballin' on the corner. Now I rock a tether suite lookin' like an owner. No I'm not a Jonas, Brother I'm a grown up." For an artist that is 40 years old and just finished his 11th album, staying this up to date with the latest music trends is an incredible achievement. The Album will be released in stores on September 11th. On the same day he will be performing a live performance at Madison Square Garden. Tickets will be $50, a small price to watch Jay-Z Live. Not to mention 100% of the ticket sales will go to the widows of firefighters that were killed in the 9/11 tragedies. I guess I've answered my own question which was, what took Jay so long for this album? The answer is, it didn't, it was released right on time. At the end of the day, the 5oo million dollar rapper has a nice cushion to fall back on if his record deal with Live Nation ever goes sour. Since I couldn't interview him, I thought Bill Maher would do a pretty good job for me...


Stay musically diverse Gents.

J.E. Albert

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this album and I love Jay-Z. This album is so good that it will become the precursor to a world ran by one large global dictatorship with a single currency (Jay-Z's tears) although this would lead to an even greater economic meltdown because Jay-z is hard and doesn't cry. I then revised this plan. This New World Order's currency would be Jay-Z's fecal matter. One ounce of "Joop" would be enough to buy a loaf of bread and a glass of water. Two ounces of "Joop" would buy newspaper for housing. Only the "Joopvendors" those who are ruthless and cunning enough to stockpile wherehouses filled with mountains of "Joop" will be the "Deciders" of who lives or dies to control population growth in this new post-apocolyptic world of limited natural resources.